Mr Harry Frydenberg AMM.B.B.S., F.R.A.C.S.
Laparoscopic, Bariatric Surgeon and Endoscopist
Mr Harry Frydenberg has retired from private practice after 41 years of long and illustrious career. He has helped thousands of patients. He was awarded AM in 2017 for his significant service to bariatric surgery as a clinician, author and mentor. He is a life member for the Australian obesity surgery society ANZMOSS and the international federation of obesity surgery IFSO.
Dr Yuan Cheng and his colleagues are honoured and feel privileged to provide continuous support for his patients. All patients with Mr Harry Frydenberg are welcome to contact the office on 03-9421 1166 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Professional Society Memberships
- Fellow of the Royal Australian College of Surgeons
- Australian & New Zealand Metabolic and Obesity Surgery Society (ANZMOSS)
- Australasian Society for the Study of Obesity
- International Federation for the Surgery of Obesity and Metabolic Disorders (IFSO) – Board of Trustees IFSO
- Registered as Specialist Surgeon in the State of Victoria
- Registered as Specialist Surgeon in the State of Queensland
- Conjoint Committee Recognition Endoscopist and Colonoscopist
- Visiting Medical Specialist Surgeon, Epworth Hospital, Richmond, Victoria
- Visiting Surgeon, Box Hill Hospital, Box Hill, Victoria
- Board of Trustees, IFSO (International Federation for the Surgery of Obesity and Metabolic Disorders)
- Past President –
ANZMOSS (Australian & New Zealand Metabolic and Obesity Surgery Society) 2004
IFSO (International Federation for the Surgery of Obesity and Metabolic Disorders) 2009
Dr. Harry Frydenberg AM, Surgeon, Director of the Epworth Centre for Bariatric Surgery in Melbourne, Australia, is a highly experienced general surgeon who has been involved in Bariatric (Obesity) Surgery in Australia for more than 30 years. He performs a wide range of Bariatric Surgical procedures including Gastric Banding, Roux-en-Y and One Anastomosis Gastric Bypass and Sleeve Gastrectomy.
He was involved in the early organisation of Bariatric Surgeons in Australia (OSSANZ/ANZMOSS) and is a Past President and Honorary Life Member of the organisation. He is also a Past President and Life Member of the IFSO (International Federation for the Surgery of Obesity and Metabolic Disorders) and the Founding President of the IFSO-Asia Pacific Chapter.