Mr Harry Frydenberg AMM.B.B.S., F.R.A.C.S.
Laparoscopic, General Surgeon and Endoscopist
Professional Society Memberships
- Fellow of the Royal Australian College of Surgeons
- Australian & New Zealand Metabolic and Obesity Surgery Society (ANZMOSS)
- Australasian Society for the Study of Obesity
- International Federation for the Surgery of Obesity and Metabolic Disorders (IFSO) – Board of Trustees IFSO
- Registered as Specialist Surgeon in the State of Victoria
- Registered as Specialist Surgeon in the State of Queensland
- Conjoint Committee Recognition Endoscopist and Colonoscopist
- Visiting Medical Specialist Surgeon, Epworth Hospital, Richmond, Victoria & Box Hill Hospital, Nelson Road, Box Hill, Victoria
Committee Positions Held
- President –
ANZMOSS (Australian & New Zealand Metabolic and Obesity Surgery Society) 2004
IFSO (International Federation for the Surgery of Obesity and Metabolic Disorders) 2009
Dr. Harry Frydenberg AM, Surgeon, Director of the Epworth Centre for Bariatric Surgery in Melbourne, Australia, is a highly experienced general surgeon who has been involved in Bariatric (Obesity) Surgery in Australia for more than 30 years. He performs a wide spectrum of Bariatric Surgery, Gastric Banding, Gastric Bypass and Sleeve Gastrectomy.
He was involved in the early organisation of Bariatric Surgeons in Australia (OSSANZ/ANZMOSS) and is a Past President and Honorary Life Member of the organisation. He is also the Founding President of the IFSO-Asia Pacific Chapter.